My name's Suzy. Boston.
I probably want to giggle with you, talk about comics, and kiss your forehead.
The New Jim Crow
1. Ferguson, Missouri has a population of approximately 21,000 people — roughly 75% of those residents are Black
2. The Ferguson police department has around 530 cops —less than 5 of them are Black
3. Ferguson had *zero* homicides for all of 2014 —until Michael Brown was murdered by Darrin Wilson
4. Things you should know: Five Myths About Black-on-Black Crime
5. Michael Brown was 18yrs old and was about to begin college. Brown had no criminal record, and despite the Ferguson PD’s smear campaign, Mike Brown PAID FOR the cigars —those facts are all important and should be known, but even if Brown was a high school dropout with prior arrests who stole the cigars, 1) it wouldn’t have made his life any less valuable, 2) we have a court system and those are not capital offenses and 3) it doesn’t change the fact that the cop who killed him, Darren Wilson, had no idea about Brown’s personal history when he executed Brown. Wilson saw only a Black teen deemed either “too uppity” or “suspicious” because of his skin color
6. Five examples: The Militarization of the police
7. It’s deeply Institutional: Police view Black Children As Less Innocent
8. So please - don’t get it twisted
Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
this is in my friends bathroom
Hello Dear Readers!
Now that the Epilogue is wrapped, I’m making the print edition available for pre-orderso I know how many copies I need to order. Thanks for all your patience and support this year. It’s been great, and terrible, and up-lifting, and soul-crushing, and all of it has been worth every minute to connect with other Batfans and fellow survivors of Child Sexual Abuse. Remember I said to watch for my signal? This is it. Let everyone know. It’s time.
Thanks in part to the sucess of this Kickstarter, last month, I spoke about Something Terrible at the San Diego Comicon, and you can hear the entire panel on The Bat Cast podcast, Episode 6:
Feels like a long, long race and we’re finally closing in on the finish line. I can’t tell you what your support and messages have meant to me this year. Thank you, Caped Family.
Yuck | Shook Down
you could be my destiny, you can mean that much to me.
I can’t link this correctly because I’m on my phone, but these photos are by Amanda Watters of her sweet home.
the #IfTheyGunnedMeDown tag is so important
0-100 at light speed
I can’t even deal with this.